Memorial Stadium

 

 

Memorial Stadium

Memorial Stadium has been home to the Harrisonville Wildcats since 1950. The stadium was officially dedicated on September 29, 1950 before a crowd of 3,000 people. The Wildcats would defeat the Lee's Summit Tigers that same evening by a score of 33-18. The construction of the stadium was undertaken under the direction of two organization's within Harrisonville, the American Legion and the Veteran's of Foreign Wars. It was built in honor of the men and women of Cass County that made the ultimate sacrifice.

 

The stadium would see its first renovation in 1982 with the new press box being added to the stands side of the stadium. The next upgrade came in 1987 when a new all-weather track was installed. In 2003 Memorial Stadium would be total renovated. A new state of the art grandstand with locker rooms, press box and concessions. A new scoreboard, all-weather track and the addition of new practice fields were a part of this project.

 

The "New" Memorial Stadium was finished and re-dedicated on September 19, 2003. The Wildcats would defeat the Center Yellowjackets that same night by a score of 44-8. In 2005 the natural grass was replaced with synthetic Sprint Turf. In the fall of 2009 the scoreboard was replaced with a scoreboard with scrolling capabilities.

 

During the winter of 2017 new turf and a JumboTron will be add to Memorial Stadium.

Nevco video board installed in 2017.

New AstroTurf installed in 2017.

 

 

 

 

 

Memorial Field at Memorial Stadium (2005-2016)

 

 

Memorial Stadium (front side and concession stand)

 

 

 

Memorial Stadium (aerial view)

 


 

Practice Fields, South of Memorial Stadium

 

 

 

Championship Flags at Memorial Stadium

 

 

Memorial Stadium circa 2003 before the seating expansion.

 

 

Information provided by Brett Jones


www.harrisonvillefootball.com

is owned and operated independent of

the Harrisonville Cass R-9 School District.